Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 2 large sweet onions
- 1 to 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Minced fresh thyme, optional
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Cut 1/4 in. from tops and bottoms of onions; peel. Core onions, leaving the bottom fourth of the onions intact. Place each onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Place bouillon in each onion; top with butter and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Carefully unwrap; top each with a cheese slice. If desired, top with fresh thyme. Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Taste of Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-french-onions/