Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- One 2- to 3-pound side wild salmon, skin-on, pin bones removed
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 lemons, one sliced into 8 rounds, one juiced
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cleaned sugar snap peas
- 1 cup frozen cooked shelled edamame beans, thawed
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves (about 1 bunch)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1-2 ounces coconut milk, plus more as needed for thicker/thinner sauce
For the salmon
- Preheat the grill to 350°f.Take 2 long pieces of foil (about 4 inches longer than the salmon fillet) and fold the long edges together to form a wide, long piece of foil.
- Place the salmon fillet in the center of the foil skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the ginger and garlic with the soy sauce and lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the fillet.
- Place the lemon slices on the fillet and pour the snap peas over the whole thing.
- Bring the edges of the foil up and join together at the top, folding over to close the packet. Close the ends by rolling them in.
- Put foil packet on the grill and cook with the lid closed for about 20 minutes. Remove and let rest while you make the pesto.
For the edamame pesto
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, using just 1 ounce of coconut milk to start. Pulse until the pesto is creamy yet still a little chunky. If you'd like it thinner, add a little more coconut milk and/or veggie broth.
- Place your foil packet on a serving platter and carefully open it up. Pour the pesto over your cooked salmon and snap peas. Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/grilled-foil-packet-salmon-snap-peas-edamame-pesto-t128128