Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 20–30 fresh Fava beans ( in the pod)
- olive oil to coat
- generous pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced – use a garlic press!
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped (optional)
- zest from one medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon aleppo chili ( or regular chili flakes ) optional
- squeeze of lemon, optional
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss fava beans with a little drizzle of olive oil, just enough to coat, and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Grill each side until deep grill marks a pear (4-5 minutes, each side) covering grill. Try a tester and make sure inner bean is tender.
- Spread out on a platter, spoon dressing over top. Sprinkle with fresh mint and parsley and aleppochili flakes. Taste one for salt.
- If you like a little more lemon flavor, give them a squeeze of lemon.
- Eat like you would edamame, with your fingers, scraping out the beans with your teeth.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Feasting At Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.feastingathome.com/grilled-fava-beans-recipe/