Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
- 4 large (about 4 inches/10 cm in diameter) portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (about 350°F/180°C).
- Wipe mushroom caps with a dry paper towel. Remove stems.
- With a spoon, scrape out black gills, taking care not to break edges of mushrooms.
- Brush mushroom caps with oil. Place mushrooms on the grill, cap side down. Crack an egg into each mushroom. Close the lid. Grill until eggs are cooked as desired and mushroom is tender 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the grill; sprinkle pepper and 1 tbsp (15 mL) cheese over top of each egg.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Get cracking for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.eggs.ca/recipes/grilled-eggs-in-portobello-mushrooms