Preparation time: 50 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 lb. assorted small eggplant (such as fairy tale and/or Graffiti)
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- Kosher salt
- 1 lemon, halved
- Sumac (for serving)
- Brad's Spoon Sauce
- Prepare a grill for medium-high indirect heat (for a charcoal grill, bank coals on one side of grill; for a gas grill, leave one or two burners off). Grill eggplant over indirect heat, turning occasionally, until completely tender, 1–1½ hours (depending on size and type).
- Meanwhile, grill whole garlic heads over indirect heat until cloves are tender and jammy, 40–50 minutes.
- Mix together yogurt and tahini in a small bowl; season with salt. Slice heads of garlic in half crosswise and squeeze cloves into yogurt mixture; stir well to incorporate.
- Cut a slit lengthwise down each eggplant and carefully pull open with your hands. Arrange on a platter and squeeze juice from lemon over; season with salt. Dollop yogurt sauce around and sprinkle with sumac. Serve with spoon sauce.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Epicurious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/grilled-eggplant-with-garlicky-tahini-yogurt-sauce?intcid=inline_amp