Preparation time: 50 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 c. chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 medium eggplants (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/4 c. plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 c. mint leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- Line 41/2- by 81/2-inch loaf pan with parchment, leaving overhang on two long sides. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepan on medium. Add onion, half of garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. While whisking, slowly stream in chickpea flour and whisk vigorously, off of heat, until mostly lump-free.
- Transfer mixture to food processor with lemon zest and puree, gradually adding 1 tablespoon oil until completely smooth. Immediately transfer to prepared pan and smooth top. Cover with another piece of parchment and another loaf pan and press with heavy object. Refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high. Cut chickpea mixture into 1/2-inch cubes. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in small skillet and cook in 2 to 3 batches, turning occasionally, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Slice eggplants lengthwise, 1/2 inch thick. Brush eggplant slices with remaining tablespoon oil, season with a pinch of salt, and grill until tender and lightly charred, about 3 minutes per side.
- In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, remaining garlic, and pinch salt. Drizzle yogurt sauce over eggplant and sprinkle with chickpea croutons, mint, and chives.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Good Housekeeping for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a28196414/grilled-eggplant-with-chickpea-croutons-recipe/