Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 18 mins
- 8 ounces purple cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound Japanese eggplant, cut into 1-in.-thick rounds (about 2 medium)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped seeded Cherokee purple tomatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed purple basil leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 ounce pitted kalamata olives, chopped (about 9 olives)
- Place cauliflower, shallots, sugar, and salt in a large bowl; toss to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F).
- Generously coat eggplant with cooking spray. Place in a single layer on oiled grill grates; grill, covered, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Add eggplant, tomatoes, basil, vinegar, oil, capers, and olives to cauliflower mixture; toss well. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Cooking Light for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/grilled-eggplant-purple-cauliflower-caponata