Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 5 large ears of sweet corn, grilled and cut off the cob
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, freshly grated
- 8-10 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- juice of half a lime
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- To roast peppers: remove core and seeds from peppers and slice into pieces. Lay on a baking sheet and preheat the broiler in your oven. Place under the broiler skin-side up until skins are completely charred and black – this took about 10 minutes for me but will depend on your oven. Just check every 2 minutes or so. Immediately remove peppers from oven and using kitchen tongs, quickly place them in a ziplock bag then seal it. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- While peppers are “steaming” in the bag, heat a large skillet over medium low heat and add butter and olive oil. Toss in mushrooms, stirring to coat, then cover and let cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and set side.
- Assemble tacos by placing generous spoonfuls of corn, mushrooms and peppers in warm tortillas. Top with cheese, avocado slices and chipotle crema.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Emeril recommends letting his sit over night to develop culture but uh… I didn’t do that. It’s delicious this way too!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank How Sweet Eats for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/07/grilled-corn-mushroom-roasted-poblano-tacos-with-chipotle-crema/