Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 large heads cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Remove the leaves on each cauliflower head and trim the stem end until you can set the cauliflower flat on the cutting board. Use a large, sharp knife to trim off the sides, then cut the cauliflower into 3 to 4 thick "steaks." Reserve the florets that fall away for another recipe (see Recipe Notes).
- Whisk the olive oil with the lime juice in a small bowl. Whisk in the grated garlic and honey or agave syrup. In a separate bowl, mix the lime zest, paprika, chipotle, and salt.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium. Brush one side of each cauliflower steak with the olive oil mixture and sprinkle generously with the chipotle powder mixture. Place the seasoned side down on the hot grill. Brush the tops with the olive oil mixture and season with the chipotle mix.
- Cover the grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the lid and carefully flip the cauliflower. Cook covered for an additional 5 minutes or until done to your desired texture.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with lime wedges on the side.