Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 cup Simple Truth tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut chicken into 1” pieces. In a large bowl combine yogurt, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, turmeric and salt. Add chicken to bowl and toss until chicken is coated in marinade. Cover and place in refrigerated for 1 hour. (if you don’t have time for this the meat will still be delicious).
- Using soaked bamboo or metal skewers, tightly skewer the meat.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place marinated skewers on grill and cook until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature reads 165°F on an instant read thermometer), turning often.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients for tahini sauce. It will look like it is separating for a minute, but continue to stir until smooth.
- Serve chicken warm with tahini sauce and a simple salad of tomatoes and cucumber.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Modern Proper for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://themodernproper.com/grilled-chicken-shawarma-kebab