Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 3/4-in. wedges
- 4 ounces mini bell peppers (about 8)
- 3 green onions
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (3 1/2-oz.) ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- To prepare vegetables, preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F). Coat first 6 ingredients with cooking spray; arrange on the grill grate. Grill green onions 2 minutes; remove from grill and chop. Grill remaining vegetables 5 more minutes, turning occasionally. Remove stems and seeds from bell peppers; discard. Reserve 4 bell peppers and 4 red onion wedges; cut remaining vegetables into 2-inch pieces.
- Place chopped green onions, oil, juice, 1 tablespoon water, salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine grilled vegetables and green onion mixture in a bowl. Reserve 4 cups vegetable mixture for Farro Burrito Bowls and Grilled Vegetable Frittata.
- To prepare panini, a place reserved 4 bell peppers and 4 red onion wedges in a food processor with olives, capers, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and ground red pepper; process until smooth. Hollow out top and bottom halves of rolls, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Spread bell pepper mixture over bottom halves of rolls; top with remaining grilled vegetables, mozzarella, basil, and top halves of rolls.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Place 2 sandwiches on grill; top with a cast-iron skillet. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until cheese melts. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 sandwiches.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Cooking Light for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/grilled-caponata-panini