Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 12 small to medium Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 handful crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated or shredded (optional)
- First, clean the sprouts. Trim the cut ends back without interfering with the leaves, and peel any withered leaves off the bulb. Score the bottoms; one cut will suffice.
- Add the sprouts to a pot of boiling, salted water and cook for no more than five minutes. No more!
- Drain well, then drizzle with oil and toss in a bowl with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and celery salt
- When the sprouts are nice and coated, place on a hot grill (but keep the bowl handy), turning every 4 minutes for a total of 12 minutes.
- Remove from the grill back to the seasoning bowl and toss to coat with any remaining seasoning.
- If desired, add any or all of the remaining three ingredients (bacon, lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese). Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food 52 for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://food52.com/recipes/1299-grilled-brussels-sprouts