Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped and seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Sea salt and grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, shallot, basil, 2 teaspoons olive oil and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Brush remaining oil over both sides of baguette slices. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Top toasts with tomato mixture. Drizzle with balsamic syrup; sprinkle with sea salt and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Taste of Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-bruschetta/