Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 50g butter, melted
- 4 sea bass fillets
For the sauce
- 100g cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsp small capers
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Handful torn basil leaves and chopped chives, to garnish
- Line a grill pan with foil and brush lightly with butter. Brush the fish on both sides with butter and season. Lay on the foil, skin-side up.
- Put the tomatoes and shallot in a pan with the capers, lemon juice and oil, and season.
- Grill the bass for 5-7 mins under a hot grill until just cooked and the skin is starting to brown. Meanwhile, warm the sauce through for 2 mins, then stir in some of the torn basil leaves. Lift the bass onto warmed plates using a fish slice and spoon the sauce around. Serve with steamed new potatoes or small baked potatoes, and add the remaining basil and chives.