Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and sliced lengthways into 5mm-thick slices
- olive oil, for brushing
- For the dressing:
- 2 smoked garlic cloves, finely chopped (see Note below)
- a handful of freshly chopped mint leaves
- 1 large red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Brush the sweet potato slices with oil to coat them all over and season with salt. Preheat a griddle pan over high heat until smoking hot and then place the sweet potato slices straight into the pan (you may need to do this in batches). Griddle them for 3 minutes on each side until cooked, turning once. Using tongs, transfer the slices from the pan to a large platter.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients until completely combined. Season to taste with salt. Pour the dressing over the griddled potato slices and serve warm.