Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Cooking spray
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 (6 1/2-in.) whole-wheat pita rounds
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-ounce feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove seeds and membranes from bell pepper; cut into quarters. Add bell pepper to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until tender and charred. Remove bell pepper from pan; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon oregano, garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Brush oil mixture evenly over both sides of all pita rounds. Add pita rounds to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until well marked. Cut each pita into 6 wedges.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, juice, and mustard in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oregano, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Add charred red bell pepper, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and beans to bowl; toss well to combine. Divide salad among 4 plates; top evenly with cheese. Serve with grilled pita wedges.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Cooking Light for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/greek-chopped-salad-grilled-pita