Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Mixed salad greens, optional
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/3 cup oil; set aside. In a large skillet, saute sliced onions in 3 Tbsp. reserved oil until softened. Add vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop sun-dried tomatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Add the red onion, seasonings and remaining 7 tsp. of the reserved oil. Crumble beef over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 16 thin patties. Place 2 tablespoons goat cheese on the center of 8 patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Place buns, cut side down, on grill until toasted, 1-2 minutes. Serve burgers on buns with onions and, if desired, mixed greens.
Posted by Coba Grills and we Thank Taste of Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/gourmet-burgers-with-sun-dried-tomato/