Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1 2-pound rib eye steak, about 2 inches thick
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, from
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon half, charred on the grill if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, to finish
- Place the steak on a rimmed plate or baking sheet. Rub the steak all over with the garlic cloves. Sprinkle the steak evenly with the rosemary, thyme, and lemon zest, and drizzle with the olive oil. Rub the mixture into the meat and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Preheat your oven to 500°F.
- Season the steak evenly on both sides with the salt. Place the steak on the grill and cook on each side for 5 minutes or until nicely seared all around. Remove the steak from the grill and place it on a rack fitted inside a straight-sided baking sheet. Place in the preheated oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle of the steak reads 120°F for medium-rare. Remove the steak to a plate, squeeze half of the lemon over the steak and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and finishing with a sprinkling of coarse salt.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/giada-s-marinated-bistecca-fiorentina-recipe-t130312