Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 bunches (about 1 pound) kale, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or other high-heat oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for bread
- 2 thick slices of sourdough bread (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon shaved parmesan (optional, see recipe notes)
- For the dressing:
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut out and discard the stem and central rib from each kale leaf. In a large bowl, toss the kale leaves with 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt, until leaves are evenly coated with oil. Rub both sides of the bread with the remaining tablespoon of grapeseed oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Rub the small garlic clove over both sides of the bread.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Working in batches, grill the kale leaves until brown and crispy on both sides, about 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Grill the bread until crisp and lightly charred on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Roughly chop the kale leaves into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Cut the bread into large cubes and set aside.
- To make the dressing, grate the large garlic clove with a Microplane (or use a garlic press) and combine with the lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Pour the dressing over the chopped kale and toss to coat. Add the bread cubes and toss. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and garnish with the cheese, if desired.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-garlicky-grilled-kale-salad-with-grilled-bread-recipes-from-the-kitchn-191608