Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 2 hrs
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 8 ounces each
- 1 cup (packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup finely snipped chives
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Grilled bread, for serving (optional)
- Using a meat pounder, gently pound the chicken breasts so they are about 1/2-inch thick all around. In a food processor, combine the parsley, chives, jalapeño, garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt. Pulse until finely chopped. While the machine is running, add the oil in a steady stream. Transfer half of the mixture to a bowl and add the chicken, turning to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours. Transfer the remaining herb mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Grill the chicken over high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and firm to the touch, about 10 to 12 minutes. Just before serving, stir the lemon juice into the reserved herb mixture. Serve the grilled chicken with the chimichurri and grilled bread.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/garlic-herb-grilled-chicken-breasts-chimichurri-sauce-t90061