Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Blender Pineapple Habanero Sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small tomato
- 2 cloves garlic
- kosher salt
- 3 habanero peppers
- 1 lime, juiced (about 1 tablespoon lime juice)
Sticky Jerk Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds (about 24) air-chilled chicken wings, split at the joint, wingtips removed and discarded
- 1/2 cup store-bought Jamaican jerk marinade
- 1 cup honey
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
For the pineapple-habanero sauce
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside until ready for use, place into an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 7 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
For the sticky jerk chicken wings
- Preheat the oven or grill to 425 F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the chicken, jerk marinade and honey.
- Place four 18- by 12-inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminium foil on the counter. Divide the chicken wings and place them in the middle of each piece of foil. Top the chicken with sliced limes and red onions.
- Bring the two opposite ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal, then fold in the other sides, creating leak-proof packets. Place the foil packets onto a baking tray and place them into the oven or directly onto the grill, close the grill and cook for 40 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes, carefully open the packets (hot steam will escape) and cook under the broiler or increase the grill temperature, to get the wings crispy.
- Top each pack with pineapple-habanero sauce and chopped chives.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food and Wine for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/sticky-jerk-chicken-wing-foil-packets-recipe-t219331