Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons old-style whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 2-3 ramp bulbs, minced
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 Hass avocado, cubed
- 1/2 (13.5-ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 packed cup fresh mint, basil, or cilantro leaves and tender stems, roughly chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the vinegar, mustard and minced ramp, then whisk in the olive oil until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small, dry skillet over medium-high heat until hot (about 1-2 minutes). Add the sunflower seeds and season with salt, stirring occasionally, and cook until you hear them pop and start to brown, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let them finish cooking and cooling in the residual heat of the pan until the salad is ready.
- Place the sunflower seeds, lettuce, feta, avocado, chickpeas and mint in a salad bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/everyday-salad-ramp-dressing-recipe-t215832