Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 6 oz. feta cheese
- 1/3 c. plain whole-milk yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sumac
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large English cucumber
- Canola oil, for grill grates
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 large red pepper, halved and seeded
- 4 sourdough or ciabatta buns, split
- Puree feta and yogurt in a food processor until smooth, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk together lemon zest and juice, sumac, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using a vegetable peeler, shave cucumber into ribbons; toss with lemon dressing.
- Set up grill for direct cooking and heat to medium-high. Once hot, clean and lightly oil grates with canola oil.
- Brush eggplant with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat, turning occasionally, until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Grill pepper, turning often, until charred, 5 to 6 minutes; cut into wide strips. Grill buns until toasted, 1 minute. Spread yogurt sauce on buns. Top with peppers, eggplant, and cucumbers.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Country Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/a36320178/eggplant-burgers-with-yogurt-feta-sauce-recipe/