Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 8 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Seasonings & Garnish
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white pepepr
- 1/2 tsp MSG
- 2 scallions for garnish
- 1 tsp sesame oil optional
- 1/4 tsp tumeric or yellow food coloring optional, for color
- Crack eggs in a bowl and add 2 tbsp of water and mix well until beaten.
- In a pot add the chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and reduce heat to low.
- Remix the cornstarch slurry and pour into the broth until slightly thickened.
- Slowly pour in the eggs while using a ladle to stir the soup in one direction to create the ribbons of egg or "egg flowers in the soup.
- Season to taste with salt, white pepper, and msg. Add turmeric if desired for the additional yellow color.
- Finish with sesame oil and garnish with scallions. Enjoy!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank CJ Eats for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://cjeatsrecipes.com/egg-drop-soup/