Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1lb (450g) ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt(or crumbled bouillon cube)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger, optional
- To make the turkey patties: Combine all ingredients for the turkey patties (ground turkey, scallion, and parsley, garlic, salt, cayenne, ginger, and chili flakes) in a medium-sized bowl and gently mix until everything is evenly combined. Do not overwork, so you’ll get a better texture
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter together in a skillet over medium-high heat and divide the turkey mixture into four equal parts. Flatten gently to form the turkey patties, then sear the turkey patties in the skillet for 5-8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF (71ºC). Make sure to give a good sear to the turkey patties so they’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Serve the turkey patties with a dollop of chipotle aioli on the side, or squeeze between to slices of buns to make delicious turkey burgers. Enjoy!