Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Sesame oil
- Canola oil
- White long grain rice (or brown rice)
- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Frozen peas and carrots
- Cook the rice. Cool the rice.
- Heat a large griddle to high heat. Add a little bit of canola oil and spread on the griddle. Add onion, garlic, and scallion. Reserve green tops for the end. Fry until slightly softened, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a little bit more canola oil and sesame oil to the griddle and add rice. Working quickly tosses and fry the rice in the oil. Fry until the rice is starting to get slightly crisp on the edges, about 3-4 minutes. Drizzle soy sauce over the rice, along with garlic powder, peas and carrots. Toss rice until the soy sauce has been evenly distributed.
- Make a well in the centre of the rice and add eggs. Use a wooden spoon to scramble. When they’re cooked, toss with the rice.
- Add the remaining scallions to the rice and season with salt and pepper. Serve!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Cooking for Keeps for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.cookingforkeeps.com/easy-fried-rice-with-egg/