Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 cups white rice day old dried out in fridge uncovered; uncooked measurement, recommend long grain rice
- 4 scallions chopped, whites and greens separated
- 4 eggs large
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp msg optional
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 4 tbsp neutral oil avocado or canola
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 tsp neutral oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Clean and devein shrimp and marinate with kosher salt, white pepper, baking soda, and neutral oil for 15 minutes.
- In a wok or pan over high heat, add 1 tbsp of neutral oil and cook the shrimp for 2 minutes or until just cooked through and remove.
- In the same pan over medium high heat, heat 3 tbsp of neutral oil and fry scallion whites for 15 seconds.
- Immediately add 4 large eggs and scramble, combining with the scallion whites. Cook for 45 seconds or until the eggs are about 75% cooked through (soft and slightly runny).
- Turn the heat to high and add the day old white rice. Mix to incorporate the eggs, scallion and rice and continue cooking until the rice is dry and separated, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, white pepper, msg, and chicken bouillon powder, then mix thoroughly into the rice until incorporated. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Add back the cooked shrimp and scallion greens, toss and cook for another minute and enjoy!