Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 8 mins
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup cashews, toasted
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained ( 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 8–10 dates, chopped small
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced (or sub green onion)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (or sub scallions)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (optional)
- 3–4 tablespoons Vegenaise, mayo or vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon maple (or honey, agave, or alternative sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2–3 teaspoons yellow curry powder (start with two, add more to taste, some brands are spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toast cashews and coconut over low heat, until golden and fragrant.
- Place chickpeas in a medium bowl and add celery, apple, dates, onion, cilantro and zest.
- Mix in the vegan mayo, maple and vinegar, until well combined. Add the curry powder, salt and pepper. Toss in the toasted coconut and cashews. Mix.
- Taste, and add more salt if needed. Feel free to add more curry powder or a pinch of cayenne for more heat or flavor.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Feasting At Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.feastingathome.com/curry-chickpea-salad/