Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 4 large fresh croissants
- 8 4/5 ounces Italian mascarpone (about 1 cup)
- 1½ tablespoons whole milk
- 1½ tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons capers in brine, drained
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon, preferably Scottish
- Very thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 3 cups baby arugula (2-3 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the croissants on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes, until heated through. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mascarpone, milk, chives, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Slice each croissant in half horizontally with a serrated knife. Spread the bottom halves with the mascarpone mixture, then sprinkle evenly with the capers and lay the salmon evenly on top. Place a few slices of red onion on top, if using. Top with a generous handful of arugula and replace the tops of the croissants, browned side up. Serve while the croissants are still slightly warm.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/croissants-smoked-salmon-recipe-t274409