Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 18 mins
- 500ml passata
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano, plus a pinch
- 200g spinach
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 100g block of feta, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 tsp olive oil
- 4 small pittas
- Put a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat, and tip in the passata, butter beans, garlic, oregano, spinach and peppers. Stir together and cook for 6-8 mins until the sauce is bubbling and the spinach has wilted. Season, then add the lemon juice.
- Heat the grill to high. Scatter the feta over the sauce, so it’s still exposed, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle over the lemon zest plus a pinch of oregano, then grind over some black pepper. Grill for 5-8 mins until the feta is golden and crisp at the edges.
- Meanwhile, toast the pittas under the grill or in the toaster, then serve with the beans and feta.