Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh crab meat, a combination of lump and claw meat, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup plain fine breadcrumbs (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Old Bay Mayo (recipe above)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 8 soft potato buns
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce, washed and dried
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, Old Bay, and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat with the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of the Old Bay mayo, eggs, and parsley. Use a spatula to stir the mixture well. Divide the mixture into 8 portions (a rounded 1/2 cup each) using clean hands or a large disher.
- Form the portions into rounds (3½-by-1/3 inches) and set them aside on a rimmed baking sheet. Chill the crab cakes while you prepare the grill and cook the bacon, about 30 minutes.
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high heat or prepare a charcoal grill for two-zone grilling. Make sure the grates are clean to prevent sticking.
- Lightly oil the grill grates and add the chilled crab cakes. Grill the crabcakes over direct heat for 5 minutes before flipping with a thin metal spatula. Grill on the other side until golden, about another 5 minutes.
- Arrange the bacon on another rimmed baking sheet and cook over direct heat, covered, until crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove the bacon pan from the grill and set it aside.
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill while it is still warm, about 2 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Each sandwich should get 1 to 2 tablespoons of Old Bay mayo on the bun, one crab cake, 1 slice of bacon, a slice of tomato and lettuce, to finish.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/crabcake-blts-recipe-t231338