Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 6 oz. sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 scallions, chopped, green and white parts separated
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Canola oil, for grill grate
- 4 small russet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds total), pierced with a fork
- 1 lb. broccoli, halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 (2 1/2-inch-thick) cowboy steaks (bone-in rib eyes, about 4 pounds total)
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, Cheddar, scallion whites, and hot sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set up grill for direct and indirect cooking and heat to medium. Once hot, clean and lightly oil grates with canola oil. Wrap potatoes with aluminum foil and place over indirect heat or toward the outer ring of the fire. Bake, rotating twice, until tender, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle broccoli with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat, turning occasionally, until crisp tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Roughly chop.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat, uncovered and turning once, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to indirect heat and grill, covered and turning once, to desired doneness, 14 to 16 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes and slice.
- Open foil and split potatoes. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Top with Cheddar mixture, broccoli, and scallion greens. Serve with sliced steak alongside.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Country Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/a28189705/cowboy-steaks-and-potatoes-with-broccoli-and-cheddar-scallion-spread-recipe/