Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups white self-rising cornmeal
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 12 tablespoons oil
- 1 10-ounce package ranch dressing
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, cornmeal and sugar in one bowl. In another bowl whisk eggs with buttermilk and add dry ingredients (this mixture should be as thick as cake batter). Add more buttermilk if it is too dry, or more cornmeal if it is too thin.
- Pour oil evenly into the muffin pan (1 tablespoon per muffin cup). Place the muffin pan into the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and carefully pour the hot oil into the cornbread mixture. Stir well.
- Pour batter into the muffin cups and cook until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Crumble the muffins and set aside.
- Whisk together ranch mixture, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Place 1/2 cornbread crumbles on the bottom of a serving dish followed by half of the bacon, cheese, tomatoes, corn, green onions, peppers, and iceberg lettuce. Top with half of the ranch dressing. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a second layer.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours before serving.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/cornbread-salad-recipe-t156410