Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1/4 c. finely ground espresso coffee (not instant)
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. five-spice powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 lb. skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat grill to high.
- Combine coffee, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, white pepper, five-spice powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Remove steak from refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Rub steak with oil, and sprinkle with rub. Massage rub into meat.
- Grill until charred and medium-rare, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing at an angle. Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Country Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a35851/coffee-and-brown-sugar-crusted-skirt-steak/