Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 6large ears yellow or white corn with husks (about 5 lb.)
- 1/4cup butter, cut evenly into 12 pieces
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F) on 1 side, or push hot coals to 1 side of a charcoal grill.
- Working with 1 ear at a time, grab silks at top of corn with half the silks in each hand. Slowly peel silks down, 1 side at a time, peeling back all silks and husks in 1 motion. Discard silks; pull husks together to form a ponytail-like handle. Tear off 1 small husk piece; use it to tie a knot around husks to secure.
- Coat corn with cooking spray; place on unoiled grates on lit side of grill. Grill, uncovered, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, 15 to 18 minutes. Hang husks over edge of grill to prevent burning.
- Remove corn from grill. Wrap individually in aluminum foil, excluding husks, placing 2 butter pieces on each ear. Put wrapped corn on unlit side of grill. Cover grill to keep warm until ready to serve, at least 5 minutes or up to 30 minutes. Unwrap corn; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Southern Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/grilled-corn-on-cob