Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 chorizo sausages, finely chopped
- 6 fresh spicy pork sausages (about 500g total), skin removed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons good-quality whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 red capsicums, quartered
- Olive oil, to brush
- 6-8 small pita rounds, warmed
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Place the chorizo and sausage meat in a bowl and mix with your hands until well combined. Shape mixture into 6 large or 8 smaller patties and chill for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, place the garlic, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and mayonnaise in a small bowl and mix until combined. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then set aside.
- Heat the grill or a chargrill pan on medium heat. Grill the capsicum for 3-4 minutes until the skin blisters and the flesh softens. Set aside.
- Brush the burgers with oil, then cook under the grill or on the chargrill for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. (The chorizo has a tendency to burn, so keep an eye on the burgers, reducing the heat if necessary.)
- To serve, top warmed pita rounds with grilled capsicum, a chorizo burger, and rocket, then drizzle over aioli and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Delicious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/chorizo-burgers-grilled-capsicum/bf4058c6-3dcf-48ce-a768-8e9f68ae25f8?current_section=recipes