Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 (16-ounce) bag Tater Tots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces ground beef (80/20 blend)
- 1 cup diced white onion
- kosher salt, to taste
- 8 slices American cheese
- pickled jalapeños
- Bake or fry the Tater Tots according to package instructions.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and onions and sauté, breaking the meat into small pieces with the back of a wooden spoon and stirring often until the beef is cooked through and the onions have softened.
- Drain excess liquid and season with salt, to taste.
- Add the cheese and chop it into the beef and onions, working it until it's completely melted and the beef is creamy.
- Pour it over the tots and garnish it with pickled jalapeños.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/chopped-cheese-tots-recipe-t258323