Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 lb chicken thight cut to 2" pieces
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup high-quality chicken stock
- 1/2 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
Dry Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Neutral oil for frying canola, vegetable, avocado
- Cut the chicken thigh into similar size 2" pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt, white pepper, shaoxing wine and add egg and flour. Mix until combined and marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken stock, lemon juice & zest, sugar, honey, white vinegar, and corn starch until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Dry Seasoning Mix ingredients. Give the chicken another mix to evenly distribute the wet batter, then let any excess drip off and dredge the chicken in the dry mix. Pat the chicken pieces well to ensure there are no bald spots.
- In a large dutch oven or wok, heat neutral oil to 350F and fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and remove.
- Bring the oil temperature back to 350F and fry the chicken again for 1-2 minutes until dark golden brown and crispy.
- In a wok or large pan over high heat, add the premixed sauce and stir until slightly thickened and glossy. Add the chicken and toss in the sauce until evenly coated. Serve immediately with freshly steamed rice and enjoy!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank CJ Eats for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://cjeatsrecipes.com/chinese-lemon-chicken/