Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- Scrub potatoes well and preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Layout two large pieces of foil. Split potatoes between the two pieces of foil (one pound per packet). Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season each packet with minced garlic, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Cover the packets with the second piece of foil and crimp the edges well to seal the packets. Place the packets on the grill and grill them for about 20 minutes, flipping a few times during cooking to make sure they are cooking evenly.
- When potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a skewer, remove the top piece of foil from each packet. Sprinkle cheese on top of the potatoes and return to the grill briefly just to melt the cheese.
- Garnish finished packets with fresh chives and serve immediately!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-grilled-cheesy-potato-packets-recipes-from-the-kitchn-207087