Preparation time: 35 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 1 1/4 cups (280g) pearl barley, rinsed
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 100ml olive oil
- 4 x 220g swordfish fillets
- 1 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 225g red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup (80g) roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup (60g) currants, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes, drained
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Cook barley in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 25-30 minutes until tender. Drain, and then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest, 1 tsp Italian herbs, and 2 tbs oil in a bowl. Season, add the swordfish, and turn to coat, then set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- To make the dressing, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, and remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil together, season, and set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue or char grill pan to high. Cook swordfish for 3 minutes on each side or until just cooked. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Combine barley, grapes, almonds, currants, parsley, celery, and the remaining 1 tsp Italian herbs. Drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank delicious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/chargrilled-swordfish-grape-almond-barley-salad/1c4c733d-4ff1-4cca-91cf-47ee02363b28?current_section=recipes