Preparation time: 35 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 100ml apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted, lightly crushed
- 1 star anise
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) slivered almonds, toasted
- To make the pickling mixture, combine the sugar, vinegar, coriander, star anise, and chili in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Preheat a char grill pan over high heat. Brush the peach wedges with a little oil, then cook, turning once, for 1-2 minutes until lightly charred. Transfer peaches to the pickling mixture and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh in iced water.
- Drain peaches, reserving liquid, then transfer to a bowl with beans and onion. Drizzle with oil and a little reserved peach liquid and scatter with almonds to serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Delicious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/chargrilled-peaches-green-beans-almonds/2b60ea2d-6ab9-44d9-8cd6-f2eaafa36601?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/tx3ckwv6