Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 x 150g lean beef rump steaks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 small avocados (about 200g each), flesh sliced
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Place the steaks in a bowl with the garlic, red wine and chilli flakes. Toss to coat, then cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, for the avocado salad, combine the avocado, basil, cucumber and red onion in a bowl. Add the olive oil and vinegar, then toss to coat.
- Heat a lightly oiled chargrill over medium-high heat. When hot, add the drained steak and cook for 5 minutes on each side for lightly charred on the outside and cooked to medium-rare inside. Divide the avocado salad between 4 plates and top with steak.