Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Goat Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained from oil and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup hot cherry peppers, drained from oil and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 4 (6-inch) French bread or focaccia pieces, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 1/4 cup olive tapenade
- 4 ounces sliced spicy salami
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto
Additional Toppings (Optional)
- Baby lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Thinly sliced red onion
For The Goat Cheese Spread
- Add the softened goat cheese, honey, sun-dried tomatoes, hot cherry peppers, garlic and pistachios to a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
For The Sandwiches
- Spread one tablespoon each of fig jam and olive tapenade onto one side of each sandwich, and on the opposite side, spread on the goat cheese spread.
- Layer on the salami, prosciutto and additional toppings, if using, on top of the goat cheese spread. Close the sandwich and slice in half, if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days, wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/charcuterie-sandwiches-recipe-t227948