Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup roasted almond oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup tender celery leaves (from one head)
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 pound king oyster mushrooms, sliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups green grapes (12 ounces)
- 2 heads butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 cups very thinly sliced celery
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar with the lemon juice, celery seeds, mustard and half of the garlic. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup of the olive oil and the almond oil until emulsified. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a mini food processor, combine the remaining garlic with the parsley, celery leaves and almonds and pulse until finely chopped. Add another 1/4 cup of the olive oil and puree to a chunky paste. Season the pesto with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill. Brush the mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once, until tender and browned, about 5 minutes. In a bowl, toss the grapes with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat until the skins begin to blacken in spots, about 3 minutes; line the grill with perforated foil if the grapes will fall through. Transfer the grapes and mushrooms to a large bowl and toss with the pesto.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter and drizzle with half of the dressing. Spoon the mushroom-and-grape salad onto the lettuce. Toss the celery with the remaining dressing, spoon it on top and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food & Wine for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/celery-grilled-grape-and-mushroom-salad