Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Caribbean Hot Dogs
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe mango, small diced
- 1/2 cup banana ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, plus more for serving
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup ranch powder
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, sliced lengthwise
Creole Potato Salad
- 5 cups peeled potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3 cups water, or to cover
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup diced bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 6 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- paprika or cayenne, to garnish (optional)
- Mix onion, cilantro, mango, banana ketchup, mustard, lime zest, and juice in a bowl. Cover and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and ranch powder, and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Grill hot dogs and buns until heated through and grill marks form, 2-3 minutes per side for hot dogs and about 1 minute per side for buns.
- Transfer buns to a plate. Place 1 hot dog in each bun, brush each bun with ranch mayonnaise. Add more mustard to taste, top with the mango salsa and serve.
For The Creole Potato Salad
- Put the potatoes, water, eggs, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and chill in the refrigerator.
- Cool the eggs by running under cool tap water. Peel and dice the eggs.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (including the remaining salt) in a bowl and stir to combine. Fold in the chilled potatoes and diced eggs. Garnish with paprika or cayenne pepper, if desired. Serve chilled.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/caribbean-hot-dogs-creole-potato-salad-recipe-t197622