Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 ripe bananas
- 12 marshmallows (3 to 4 per banana), or a handful of mini marshmallows
- 12 squares dark chocolate (3 to 4 squares per banana)
- 1/4 cup caramel chips
- 8 graham crackers (2 per banana), crumbled
- Cut a slit in each banana, and open the skin up slightly. Scoop out a few small chunks of banana (and eat!).
- Stuff 3 to 4 marshmallows in the scooped out sections of the banana, then tuck a square of chocolate beside each marshmallow. Sprinkle a few caramel chips over top.
- Close the skin of the banana as much as you can, and place the bananas directly on a campfire grill. Alternatively, wrap the bananas tightly in foil and place directly on coals. (Be extra careful when pulling them out of the coals and opening.)
- The banana skins will blacken as the bananas cook. Grill until the chocolate and caramel melt, and the marshmallows begin to look squidgy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Using metal tongs, carefully transfer bananas on plates. The bananas might release some water, if they do, use a paper towel to wipe off.
- Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers over top, and serve with a spoon for scooping.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this de licious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-campfire-banana-smores-recipes-from-the-kitchn-205983#post-recipe-12212