Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 pounds yellow baby potatoes, halved
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (preferably Tellicherry black peppercorns)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups freshly grated Pecorino, divided
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Place the sliced potatoes on a large sheet pan. If the sheet pan is crowded, separate the potatoes between two sheet pans. Season with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Feel free to also add some sprinkled Pecorino on there, too. Toss until fully coated in the seasonings and oil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Check on them at 20 minutes and flip if the side facing the pan is golden brown. Towards the end of the cook time, work on the sauce.
- For the sauce, heat a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the heavy cream and cook until it begins to bubble, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer. Add 1½ cups of the Pecorino and whisk until combined and creamy. Add approximately 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper (or more to taste). Stir and let the sauce bubble for 1 to 2 more minutes until thick and coating the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Plate the sauce first, then the crispy potatoes on top. Top with more grated Pecorino and more cracked black pepper. Serve any extra sauce on the side; enjoy while hot.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/cacio-e-pepe-roasted-potatoes-recipe-t271861