Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 4 large slices country loaf, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, halved crosswise
- Sliced fresh chives, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, 3 tablespoons of the vinegar, the honey, shallot and 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper. Season with salt, then whisking briskly, slowly stream in 1/3 cup of the olive oil to emulsify. Whisk in the Parmigiano and set aside.
- In a large deep sauté pan, combine 6 cups water and the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Line a plate with paper towels. Break each of the 4 eggs into an individual cup or small bowl. Use a slotted spoon to swirl the water in the pan to create a small whirlpool, then one at a time gently add an egg in the center. Poach the eggs until the yolk is nearly or almost set, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon to drain the liquid and place on the paper towels. Season the top with salt and pepper. Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs.
- Preheat the broiler. Brush the bread slices o both sides with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toast under the broiler until lightly browned and crispy on both sides, 2 to 5 minutes. Rub the toasted bread with the cut sides of the garlic clove.
- Cut each piece of toast in half crosswise, then top each with a poached egg and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with sliced chives and serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/cacio-e-pepe-eggs-olive-oil-toast-recipe-t266094