Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 x 1.5 kg tomahawk steaks (ask your butcher)
- 2 tsp rice bran oil
- 11/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed (you can leave the skin on)
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60ml) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) hot chilli sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 11/2 tsp sauce from canned chipotle chillies in adobo
- Take the meat out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking so it comes to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Season steaks well with salt (we don’t like to add pepper at this stage as the pepper just tends to burn in the hot pan) and drizzle with the oil.
- Heat an extra large ovenproof cast-iron fry pan over high heat until smoking. Cook steaks for 3 minutes each side, then top with butter and garlic, and transfer pan to oven. Cook, turning halfway, for a further 15 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven, then loosely cover with foil and set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- For the outback sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl or large jar. If making ahead of time, cover and keep refrigerated until needed.
- Place the steaks and garlic on a large board with a good dollop of the sauce on the side. Slice and season well to serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Delicious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/bushmans-steak-outback-sauce/0406e042-4a40-4d12-94b5-120790e91c47?r=recipes/collections/tx3ckwv6