Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 (4-ounce) balls burrata
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/3-inch thick slices. Cut the slices into halves or quarters, depending on the size. Arrange the tomatoes on a serving platter and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, basil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a high-powered blender. Turn the blender on low and gradually increase the speed. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle most of the basil-garlic oil over the tomatoes. Tear the burrata balls into large pieces and scatter over the tomatoes. Top the burrata with some of the remaining basil-garlic oil. Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/valerie-bertinelli-s-burrata-caprese-salad-recipe-t224414